Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Love/Hate Relationships

Any weavers out there have a certain task that they just really don't like doing? I like just about everything to do with weaving, but there are a couple of things that I just don't enjoy doing, for some unknown reason.

One has always been...

Hemstitching! (These are going to be little bookmarks to go with the journals I've been making lately.) I do it so rarely that I normally have to dig out a copy of Handwoven Magazine to look up the directions for it (love that they print them in every issue).

I don't really know why I don't enjoy it - I normally like needlework (I'm really enjoying sewing some coptic-bound journals, e.g.) (I'll post a photo or two of those soon). Maybe it's because when I sit down at the loom to weave, I really want to just zip right along and weave. But, I do like how it looks, so it's worth curbing my impatience!

Otherwise, I've been battling a cold (poor me) (<-laughing at myself) (more like poor family!), hope you are all well!

1 comment:

gonga said...

So glad you're back. I very much enjoy seeing what you have on the shafts, I can't always do as much weaving as I would like to,(life seems to get in the way!!) so it's very inspiring seeing your progress. I know what you mean about finishing off work, I'm always keen to get on to the next project. But it is worth it in the end. Keep it up.